We are committed to maintaining the integrity of our operations, even in the event of a crisis. Our business continuity plan (the “Plan”) was created to ensure that we are adequately prepared to carry on our operations with minimal disruption to our policyholders, brokers, employees and other stakeholders.
The Plan provides step-by-step procedures to allow us to respond in a timely manner to a variety of emergency situations, including, but not limited to:
- Inaccessible and/or unavailable facility (e.g., fire, flood, severe weather, earthquake)
- Staffing challenges (e.g., pandemic illness, severe weather, terrorism)
- Technology failures (e.g., power outage, information loss, no connectivity)
Our business continuity crisis committee (the “Committee”) conducts regular crisis simulations to test our readiness and preparedness to handle the above scenarios. These tests demonstrate that:
- We can successfully contact our employees at any time, to provide them with operational instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Our staff can effectively operate from alternate physical site locations, can access our key application systems, and communicate with our brokers, stakeholders and policyholders.
- Our facilities, information systems and networks are resilient in their design and operation.
Our back-up computer servers and recovery work sites are geographically segregated from their corresponding primary locations. Our plans include the use of fully functioning contingency sites for servicing the business operationally in the event of a significant and prolonged disruption.
Our Plan also includes procedures and protocols for immediate and transparent communication with our brokers, vendors and suppliers, as well as responses to inquiries from the media, government and the general public.